Connecting R2 GPS (External) to TC-100
Pair External GPS
NOTE: CLICK AND HOLD R2 POWER BUTTON FOR 2 SECONDS TO TURN IT ON
- Search for “Bluetooth and other devices settings” in the search bar and select it.
- Verify Bluetooth slider is turned ON.
- Click “+” Add Bluetooth or other device
- Click Bluetooth
- Wait for R2 device to show up and select it. Click Done to finish.
- Verify R2 shows up as “Paired”. Scroll down and click More Bluetooth Options.
- Click the COM Ports tab on the top. Identify the COM Port for R2 Trimble’COM2’ device. In this example the COM port is COM25. Remember this COM port as it will be used in Vitals Mobile. Click OK.
- Launch Vitals Mobile from TC-100
- Select the Settings button from left menu.
- Select the GPS tab in the settings window.
- Change the following settings:
- Serial Port: COM25 (identified from previous step)
- Baud rate: 4800
- Click “Connect”.
- Click the Dashboard button to go to the home screen.
- Wait until GPS Status says Ready and GPS Source is COM25 (yours will be different).
- Click Controller button and make sure you connect to the valve turner.
- Once connected to the valve turners click START to initiate the GPS.
- Now click Back and you can save your Activity with GPS data.