If you want to set the TC-100 controller to factory defaults, follow the instructions below. After a factory reset, the user will have to go through the Windows 10 setup to create a new offline account. See TC-100 Windows Setup section for instructions.
If you can access the current operating system, navigate to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC (Get started) then follow the instructions in each step below.
- Select Remove everythingàChange Settingsà YES or NO (Clean data)àConfirm.
- Select NextàReset.
- Setup a new account by following TC-100 Windows Setup instructions.
If you are not able to access the current operating system (stuck during boot process or forgot password), tap or press the Shift button (on screen or on an attached USB keyboard) while performing a Restart. If done correctly, you should see a menu with Troubleshoot (Reset your PC) option.
- Follow the same onscreen instructions as in Option 3 below (some windows might be in different order).
If options above did not work, try the following steps:
- Press and hold the hardware Power button for 10 seconds
- Release power button while the red LED is flashing rapidly
- Briefly press the Power button again, wait 3-4 seconds
- Immediately repeat this process two more times.
This will force the system to Restart before completing boot three times in a row will show “Diagnosing your PC” then the Automatic Repair menu as previously described.
Follow steps below after getting to the Automatic Repair window (some steps might be in different order depending on which option above you followed):
- Click Advanced OptionsàTroubleshootàReset this PC.
- Click Local InstallàFully clean the driveàReset
Wait for TC-100 to restore Factory Defaults.
Setup a new account by following TC-100 Windows Setup instructions below.
TC-100 Windows Setup (Win 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC)
Follow this guide to set up a local offline account on the TC-100 (Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC). However, depending on the release the steps may be slightly different.
To setup Windows 10 IoT, follow these steps:
- Select Language.
- Select the YES button.
- Select your Region option.
- Click the Yes button.
- Select your keyboard layout option.
- Click the Yes button.
- Add second keyboard layout.
- Click the Skip button (unless you need to add a second keyboard layout).
- Connect you to a network.
- Click “I don’t have internet” on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Setup with Microsoft Account
- Click “Continue with Limited Setup” on the bottom left corner.
- Windows 10 License Agreement
- Click the Accept button.
- PC Name.
- Enter a name for device (VITALS if unsure). Click Next.
- Create a password.
- Leave blank (no password) and click Next.
- Privacy settings.
- Select YES for Location (required for internal GPS). Everything else select NO. Click Accept.
- Wait for the device to finish setup.
NOTE: Connect your device to the internet (Wi-Fi) to fully activate Windows (new devices only). Vitals Mobile-TC software is factory installed on the TC-100. To use Maps while in the field, be sure to download your local maps. Settings>Apps>Offline Maps
Please visit: https://www.turnvalves.com/VITALS-Manual/ for more information.